This post will cover the most timeless and basic pieces one needs to create a well-rounded and classic wardrobe. They are definitely investment pieces, so invest darling, invest! LET’S GO!
- A Little Black Dress: This is the basic of fashion. The LBD goes with various accessories and other garments hence suitable for different occasions! Can be dressed up or down. Why is it a classic? you would ask, like most timeless pieces its versatile. Secondly, black dress works for every woman, regardless of weight and height, it’s truly a flattering dress that slims the figure. Lastly you can wear it with any color, compliments it’s versatile property. Coco said black wipes out everything else around and isn’t she right!
2. Denim: An interesting fact I learnt in my fashion class this week, Denim is fabric actually cotton that’s woven! Denim is such a general name that can be; pants, skirts, jackets, shirts or shorts. All jeans are denim but not all denims are jeans, in other words jeans are denim pants. Why is it a classic? All generations love denim for their comfort, durability and great styling. Denim is timeless. Can be worn to any event no matter the occasion you are dressing up for; party, work or casual outings. While shopping for denim avoid any trendy frills, liked colored denim, acid wash, added hardware etc. A denim jacket is a must have and classic wash jeans(pants)in the cut of your own choice, don’t leave out black jeans too quite important. Well jeans are versatile and they come in different styles and are the most easy to style. Everyone can do it!
white top+ printed blazer+ black ripped jeans,
pattern mixing+ heels+ boyfriend jeans,
Graphic Tee+ jacket+ Frayed edge jeans,
off-shoulder+ heels+ high-rise skinny jeans.
Denim on denim works as long as you make sure there’s a good amount of contract between the two pieces, Darker jacket+ lighter jeans.
3. Perfect white dress shirt: can go with any thing. It’s the workhorse of any wardrobe. Can be dressed up for official function or down for casual functions. They are the to make you look polished, put together, effortlessly cool and stylish.
Be creative with your shirt! if you have a long one or your man’s, you can make a dress, hehe. It’s not only limited to shirts only but also white v-shaped top, white button up and down shirt might work. Can be styled with pencil skirt.
4. A versatile Chambray shirt: It’s cotton plain-weave fabric. Chambray is typically light blue in color, may look like denim but lighter and is woven differently. Pair your chambray top with colored denim
5. Cardigans: type of a sweater. They are such a timeless fashion piece. I love cardigans, because they can be styled to look any way you want them for. They can be dressed or dressed down, they are often used as shorthand for looking frumpy, a hot mess. Not only does it keep you cozy but also can make you look taller and slimmer. They are mostly good layering pieces, but are unflattering for heavier women coz they lack shape and structure, so lumps and bumps show but a better choice is the blazer with construction. Be sure to pick several different cuts, fabrics and styles so you’ll have plenty to choose from.
They can be worn with a little black dress
6. Well-fitted Black blazer: one of the most understated pieces in some of our wardrobes is the blazer, I fall under this category, I have never taken a liking in them but, I will surely invest in one . Blazer is also an easy garment to dress up and down from classic tweed or black to on trend-oversized it’s a plus on any outfit. A nice structured blazer works like a charm on any outfit. Why black? well black goes with any color, makes sure the blazer is fit-in, it will not only make you look fabulous but also flatters your shape. You can invest in other types as well.
7. (Tan) timeless trench coat: Is a good item to invest in, when shopping, look for styles that hit below your butt and are cut loose through the sleeves and shoulders, so you’ll be able to layer pieces underneath. Tan is the perfect color since it can be paired with almost anything.
8. Scarfs: are one of those things that most people don’t specifically set out to buy, but always end up with anyway. My mind is blown by how much more stylish, intentional, and complete an outfit can look with just the simple addition of a scarf.
9. Must have shoes: All white sneakers, yes go for a pair with less details on it and trust me there are one and a million ways you can style them up, they can be combined with literally any outfit.
Loafers are comfortable and trendy btw. They are classic and formal. You are to decide if you wanna go open or closed.
Black Pumps are a must have, they will serve during your graduation to wedding functions to your first job, every girl ought to have these pair of shoes and black in color! There are variety of inches so if you aren’t a heel person, you are accommodated.
Boots and stylish flat shoes they convenient and comfortable.
And finally to conclude an everyday bag is important just find what works best for you and build your wardrobe and style, do not forget to throw in some simple jewelry here and there.
please like, share and don’t forget to leave a comment. Thanks!